I am a Civil Engineer, PhD Candidate and Researcher at the Department of Transportation Planning and Engineering at the School of Civil Engineering of the National Technical University of Athens. In 2013, I graduated from the School of Civil Engineering at the NTUA. In 2014, I received a Master of Science (MSc) from Imperial College London and University College London. In 2011, I worked as a researcher for the University of Sheffield in a project through the I.A.E.S.T.E. scheme.
- Candidate for Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), (2016- )
- Department of Transportation, Planning and Engineering, National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Athens, Greece
- MSc in the Interdisciplinary – Interdepartmental Program (2013-2014)
- Imperial College London and University College London.
- Diploma of Civil Engineering, NTUA (2007-2013), Option of Transportation Engineer
- National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Athens, Greece
- Road Safety
- Traffic Data Analyses
- Queuing Theory Applications and Analyses
At the present time (October 2016) publication of two (2) scientific papers: 1 has been made and 1 has been submitted and is currently under review .
Publications in scientific journals with referees
- Theofilatos A., Ziakopoulos A., Papadimitriou E., Yannis. G., Diamandouros. K. “Meta-analysis of the effect of road work zones on crash occurrence” (under review, August 2016)
- Yannis. G., Theofilatos. A., Ziakopoulos. A., Chaziris. A. (2014). “Investigation of Road Accident Severity.” Traffic Engineering & Control, 55 (1).
- Ziakopoulos A., “Venice container terminal straddle carrier number investigation using Queuing Theory and Petri Networks”, Master of Science (MSc) dissertation, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Imperial College London and University College London, September 2014
- Ziakopoulos A., “Correlating traffic variables with accident injury severity and probability”, Diploma Thesis, Department of Transportation Planning and Engineering, School of Civil Engineering, NTUA, March 2013
- Ziakopoulos A., “The impacts and solutions of urban road runoff on water and environmental quality”, Internship Thesis, Catchment Science Centre, Groundwater Protection and Restoration Group, University of Sheffield, August 2011.
Participation in one (1) research project in the field of Transportation Planning and Engineering
- “SAFETYCUBE: Safety Causation, Benefits and Efficiency” of the Horizons 2020 framework programme on transport research of the European Commission.
- Greek (mother tongue)
- English: Proficient user – Certificate of Proficiency in English (Cambridge University). Sufficiency of Teaching English.
- German: Independent user – (Zentrale Mittelstufe, Goethe Institute & Mittelstufe Deutsch des Osterreichischen Sprachdiploms)
- Member of the Technical Chamber of Greece
- Member of the Greek Society of Civil Engineers
- Chess/Strategy games
- Creative writing
Department of Transportation Planning and Engineering, NTUA
5, Iroon Polytechneiou str., GR-15773, Athens
Phone: +30 210.7721575 fax: +30 210.7721454