The SafetyCube European Conference on Better Decision Making for Road Safety took place with great success on 22-23 March 2018, in Vienna. The results of the SafetyCube EC Horizons 2020 research project were presented, with special focus on the European Road Safety Decision Support System (DSS) (www.roadsafety-dss.eu) The SafetyCube DSS is expected to enable policy-makers and stakeholders to select and implement the most appropriate strategies, measures and cost-effective approaches to reduce casualties of all road user types and all severities in Europe and worldwide.
NTUA was actively contributed with six (6) presentations:
- SafetyCube – the European Road Safety Decision Support System
- Linking road safety risk factors and measures
- The SafetyCube DSS inventory of assessed infrastructure risk factors and measures
- Road User related risk factors and countermeasures in the European Road Safety DSS
- The safe system approach in evidence-based road safety policy making
- Vehicle safety analysis – Risks, Safety measures and accident categories