About Virginia PetrakiThis author has not yet filled in any details.
So far Virginia Petraki has created 153 blog entries.
The National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), in cooperation with the Hellenic Institute of Transportation Engineers (HITE) organises the 8th Road Safety & Simulation International Conference 2022 (RSS2022) which will be held on NEW DATES 08-10 June 2022 in Athens, Greece. The Conference’s theme this year will be: “Road Safety and Digitalisation” aiming to capture all recent trends in road safety emerging technologies, surrogate measures, augmented and virtual reality, big data, modeling and simulation, which are expected to boost global road safety in the coming years. Road safety experts and scientists from all over the world will join forces for a widely open and vivid discussion on both traditional and innovative solutions with high potential for traffic safety improvement. Selected papers will be published in key international scientific journals and special awards will be granted to best papers.
- high quality communication on the centrality of speed and speed management at all levels of government;
- more efficient speeding enforcement, including the use of dynamic speed limits;
- promoting Intelligent Speed Assistance Systems in vehicles (ISA)
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on speeding to support evidence-based road safety policies;
- partnerships between all levels of government and with stakeholders and industry in order to make speed a central road safety issue for all